Public Records Request
Instructions for Records Requests
Colorado Open Records Act (CORA)
- Please provide a brief, but very specific description of the documents or information requested noting the date of issuance and location of the document(s), if known. A request that is broad, vague, or too voluminous may cause a delay in the time PAWSD can produce the records. If needed, please attach an additional page(s) to list these items in detail.
- All requests must be submitted in writing as follows:
100 Lyn Ave
Pagosa Springs, CO 81147
-By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the records are available pursuant to C.R.S. § 24-72-201, et seq., the records shall be made available for inspection within three working days. If extenuating circumstances exist so that the custodian cannot gather the records within the three-day period, the period shall be extended an additional seven working days. The requestor shall be notified of the extension within the first three days of receiving the request.
- Upon receipt of the request, staff will collect the records and notify the requestor. A time for review and inspection of the records will be scheduled if the records cannot be delivered electronically. Reviews will take place during regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 5:00 p.m.) at the PAWSD administrative office, 100 Lyn Ave., Pagosa Springs, CO 81147, unless another location for the review is designated by PAWSD.
- The requestor may take notes, bring tape recording devices, and/or portable computers. Outside photocopiers or scanners are not allowed.
- Should the requestor wish to obtain copies of documents, the cost per page for hard copies is 15 cents per page except in the case of alternative formats (such as large format documents), actual costs will be charged. Costs for providing records electronically are outlined in the PAWSD Public Records Request Procedure - www.pawsd.org. Payment in the form of cash, check, or money order made payable to PAWSD must be made in advance.
- In the case of a request for a computer output other than word processing, the fee may be based on the recovery of the actual incremental costs of providing the electronic services and products together with a reasonable portion of the costs associated with building and maintaining the information system. PAWSD has established this rate at $25.00/hour for the compilation of data and/or manipulation of data in order to generate a compliant record. If the records request can be completed in one hour or less, no data compilation fee will be charged. This fee includes the cost of redacting documents to protect legally privileged material. The requester will be notified in advance of the estimate of any such fee. We will commence no work of this type on the requester's behalf without prior approval and advance deposit.
PAWSD Public Records Request Form
All requests for public records of the Pagosa Area Water and Sanitation District (PAWSD) pursuant to the Colorado Open Records Act (CORA), C.R.S. § 24-72-112 - C.R.S. §24-72-402, must be submitted in writing using this form.