New Connections


Interested in connecting to the Pagosa Area Water and Sanitation District water and or wastewater services? If you are not being billed for Availability, then a Main Line Extension Permit may be necessary before your property can receive service. Customers who are requesting connection to the water and or wastewater system must fill out the Connection Permit Request Form.

If a road right-of-way must be cut to connect your property to the water and or wastewater system, a Road Cut Permit must be obtained from the Archuleta County Road and Bridge. The phone number for this department of the Archuleta County Government is (970) 264-5660. Certain other areas require permits from the development or road authority for that subdivision.  The Connection Permit Request Form must be completed, signed and all fees paid before a connection date will be scheduled.

Once you have your connection date, please make arrangements for the backhoe/operator and road fill material be available at your location by your connection date. It is also necessary for the property owner to have any other utilities such as electrical, natural gas, telephone and cable located prior to the scheduled connection date. The phone number for the Colorado811 to arrange for other utility locates is (800) 922-1987. The District will locate the water and wastewater lines on the morning of your scheduled connection.

Please read the Connection Permit Request carefully and call the office with any questions. Scheduling for connections may be as far in advance as 60 days, please plan accordingly. The Archuleta County Road and Bridge Department generally will not issue a Road Cut Permit during winter months and has the authority to cancel any Road Cut Permit due to unfavorable weather, or any other reason they deem to be in the best interest of the Archuleta County Road system.

2018 Connection Permit Request

2018 Single Family Residential Meter Sizing Worksheet

2018 Muti-Family Meter Sizing Worksheet

2018 Commercial Meter Sizing Worksheet

Click to download form

*Please note, these forms are NOT interactive web-based forms. They must be downloaded, printed, filled out, then mailed or delivered to PAWSD*

You can fax forms to 970-731-2693

New Connection Fees

This is typically a one-time fee assessed when water and/or wastewater service has been requested, as in new construction.  The Meter Sizing Worksheet determines meter size and E.U. assessment.  For example, a Single Family is considered as one E.U.

  • Standard Water Connection 3/4” Meter  - $1,700.00
  • Standard  4” Wastewater Connection - $400.00

When a new service connection is requested, there are other fees that apply:

System Capital Investment Fees:

This assessment is for current and future capital improvements necessary and/or required to provide service to District customers.  The Raw Water Acquisition Fee component of the System Capital Investment Fees is for current and future development of additional raw water delivery, storage, and treatment. 

  • Water - $4,617.00 per E.U.
  • Wastewater - $1,017.00 per E.U.

In August 2008, the PAWSD Board formally adopted the industry standard fixture-count method of determining Equivalent Units.


Click HERE to read about fixture counts and meter sizing


Phone: 970-731-2691 email:
2003 - 2018 PAWSD. All Rights Reserved.